Lake Superior State men’s tennis fell to Great Lakes Valley Conference opponents Lewis University on the road Wednesday March 1st by a score of 9-0.
The Lakers (4-4) suffered sweeps in the three doubles matches before falling in straight sets during the six singles contests. Jake Prime and Luis Valderrama won four games in No. 1 doubles, but fell to Alan Braschinsky and Mate Srdanovic by a final of 8-4.
Freshman Joseph Gilman marked the only Laker to score four games in the second set of his No. 3 singles match against Andre Norasith. The 6-3, 6-4 loss in singles play handed Gilman the first loss of the season in individual play this season as the standout freshman boasts a 7-1 record this season.
The Lakers resume their week-long road trip this weekend with a pair of matches against Carroll University and Concordia University Wisconsin on Saturday March 4th.
Lewis 9, Lake Superior State University 0
Mar 01, 2017 at Plainfield, Ill. (5 Star Tennis Complex)
1. Alan Braschinsky (LEWISM) def. Jake Prime (LSMT) 6-2, 6-2
2. Mate Srdanovic (LEWISM) def. Luis Valderrama (LSMT) 6-0, 6-1
3. Andre Norasith (LEWISM) def. Joseph Gilman (LSMT) 6-3, 6-4
4. Brendan Peterson (LEWISM) def. Ieuan Lister (LSMT) 6-3, 6-2
5. Chandler Stimpert (LEWISM) def. Peter Summers (LSMT) 6-3, 6-1
6. Benjamin Kasbeer (LEWISM) def. Miles Munro (LSMT) 6-2, 6-3
1. Alan Braschinsky/Mate Srdanovic (LEWISM) def. Jake Prime/Luis Valderrama (LSMT) 8-4
2. Andre Norasith/Brendan Peterson (LEWISM) def. Ieuan Lister/Joseph Gilman (LSMT) 8-0
3. Chandler Stimpert/Anton Levitin (LEWISM) def. Stephen Prica/Miles Munro (LSMT) 8-1
Source: LSSU Athletics